1) “Knowledge is like holy kamdhenu and is like a tree that bears fruit in every season. In unknown territories, it provides protection and brings you rewards.”
2) “A king orders once, a great scholar speaks once, and daughters are married once. Therefore, one must be very careful regarding those.”
3) “Meditation is performed best when alone, education by two, singing by three, traveling with four persons, farming with five, and battle with as many possible.
4) An important verse of chanakya niti compares following with poison:
a person whose knowledge is confined to books
a meal without an appetizer
living life in a community of poor people
an old man marrying a young woman
5) “Infatuation is the biggest disease, greed is the worst enemy of an individual, Anger is the endless fire and among all possessions, knowledge is supreme.”
6) “The test for purity of gold is performed by rubbing, heating, pounding and cutting. Similarly, the true character of a person is revealed at the time of intense trouble. His manners, voice, and actions will reveal a lot about him.”
7) “After execution of the commander, his army becomes ineffective.”
8) “For a person with absolute knowledge, heaven is of least significance. A true warrior gives a little importance to his life. For a true sage woman is of no use, and for a person with control of his desires, the whole world loses its significance.”
9) “Raining over the ocean, helping the capable, and lightening a lamp in daylight are nothing but useless acts.”
10) “A brass pot is purified by treating it with ash and copper by citric. A woman after her periods and rivers gets purified after passing through rapids.”
11) “A person born blind is unable to see things nor do people in love. An alcoholic cannot differentiate good and bad. Similarly, a selfish person gets blinded by his selfish goals.”
12) You can win a greedy by offering money, a proud person by pretending your devotion, you can win a fool by agreeing with him, and you can win a scholar by truth and only truth.
13) It is better not to have a kingdom than having it in a bad state. Similarly, it is better to have no friends, pupils, and wife than having bad ones.
14) Chanakya compared and advised to learn from the following:
Lion teaches us to perform actions wholeheartedly and not to relax until the completion of the task.
Crane teaches a man to focus and concentrate on the task and act instantaneously upon requirement.
Cock to rise early in the morning, being ready to defend and attack, grabbing one’s share and sharing with other.
Crow makes love privately, does not get scared easily, collects things for use in future. is always alert and never trusts anyone.
Dog It can go without food for a while but when finds can overeat in moments. Is alert even in sleep and wakes with the slightest sound. It is loyal and fights ferociously when defending his master.
Donkey: It works tirelessly and even in tough weather conditions
15) “If you are facing loss in business or your heart is broken: don’t share such information with others, One must not discuss scandals of family and incidents of insult. People often try to exploit your weaknesses. Beware!”
16) “You should be shameless while learning, negotiating in business, and having food.”
17) “A relaxed mind is the happiest, running after money all the times is simply foolish.”
18) “One must be satisfied with whatever he has as wife, wealth, and income. But, one must never get satisfied with the knowledge and acts of charity.”
19) “Just like it is not safe to put yourself between a plow & oxen. Similarly, one must never come between two scholars, fire, husband & wife, and master & servant.”
20) “A Brahman becomes happy with the tasty food, a peacock on listening rumble of clouds, a person with good soul becomes happy with the happiness of others, while an evil person gains happiness from misfortunes of others.”
21) “The power of a king lies in his sword, of a scholar in his knowledge, and that of a woman in her beauty.”
22) “Money earned must be circulated and put to good use as the water of a pond with inflow and outflow system is clean. whereas, the water logged in a pond is always dirty.”
23) “A tail of a dog cannot protect its shame nor does it offer any effective protection against ticks and flies. So is the condition of a man with little knowledge.”