1. A scientist named Carl Djerassi not only developed the birth control pill, but also wrote over 1200 papers on different subjects, and wrote one of the first Artificial Intelligence programs in 1965. A program called DENDRAL, which could automatically discover unknown forms of medications.
2. Artificial Intelligence researchers put a worm’s mind in a Lego body and it reacted to its environments without any programming by only mapping the Neurons.
3. Google’s Artificial Intelligence Bot says the purpose of living is ‘to live forever’.
4. In January 2015, Stephen Hawking, Elon Musk, and dozens of Artificial Intelligence experts signed an open letter on AI, calling for research on the societal impacts and urging researchers not to create something which cannot be controlled.
5. Billionaire Dmitry Itskov created a non-profit organization called the 2045 Initiative, where they want to make people immortal by adding human intelligence into artificial bodies by the year 2045.
6. Elon Musk of Tesla Motors on being asked to comment on Artificial Intelligence said that it was humans greatest existential threat and was like summoning a Demon.
7. MASSIVE is a software package used to generate thousands of actors with their own Artificial Intelligence. It was used to generate the battle scenes in the Lord of the Rings films.
8. Artificial Intelligence has crushed all human records in the puzzle game “2048,” achieving a high score of 839,732 and beating the game in only 973 moves without using any undos.
9. CAPTCHA is short for Completely Automated Public Turing test to tell Computers and Humans Apart.
10. Joseph Weizenbaum, one of the founding fathers of Artificial Intelligence, later became one of it’s leading critics when he found his secretary getting very emotionally involved with ELIZA, a chat bot that he himself programmed.
11. The 1983 Automonopoli was a computer version of Monopoly marketed as the first to have an Artificial Intelligence strong enough to compete against human players.
12. ‘Roko’s Basilisk’ is a hypothetical, all-powerful Artificial Intelligence from the future which may retroactively punish those who had not helped to bring about its existence and that by simply knowing about the Basilisk (e.g. by reading this sentence) opens you up to punishment.
13. University of Washington students created an Artificial Intelligence program to detect “that’s what she said” jokes.
14. Stanford’s free Artificial Intelligence class uses Google Plus Hangouts to help them teach more effectively.
15. As far back as 2006 NASA was using Artificial Intelligence to perform evolutionary processes that created an optimally designed space antenna after millions of iterations in only 10 hours.
16. The Mechanical Turk was an automaton chess machine constructed in 1770 that defeated both Benjamin Franklin and Napoleon. In reality it turned out to be an elaborate hoax, still, it lasted 50 years, and people believed that this historic “robot” demonstrated Artificial Intelligence.
17. There is such a thing called genetic algorithm. And this algorithm can be applied to bots or Artificial intelligence for it to learn overtime to avoid obstacles. This is something that is based on how evolution works by surviving and adapting.
18. Facebook is developing an Artificial Intelligence design to understand user emotions, identify objects in photos, and predict user actions.
19. Google has a Quantum Artificial Intelligence Lab with an actual quantum computer.
20. In 1966 a group of M.I.T. students used a computer in the Artificial Intelligence lab to determine the fastest route through the entire New York City subway system, which they took during their Spring Break.
21. There is a “Singularity Institute” dedicated to the creation of safe Artificial Intelligence.
22. Artificial intelligence systems known as ‘robo farmers’ could soon grow crops and tend livestock around Britain while their human controllers need never set foot in a field again.