1. VAUNT (VERB): (डींग हांकना): boast
Synonyms: show off
Antonyms: criticized, unsung
They have utterly eclipsed their vaunted American rivals.
2. HEFT (VERB): (वज़न करना): lift
Synonyms: raise, raise up
Antonyms: put down
He lifted crates and hefted boxes.
3. FIAT (NOUN): (व्यवस्थापत्र): edict
Synonyms: order, command
Antonyms: denial, disapproval
The reforms left most prices fixed by government fiat.
4.CONTEMPORARY(ADJECTIVE): (समकालीन): present
Synonyms: modern, present-day
Antonyms: old-fashioned, out of date
The event was recorded by a contemporary historian.
5. PROPONENT (NOUN): (समर्थक): supporter
Synonyms: upholder, exponent
He is a strong proponent of the free market and liberal trade policies.
6. ELUDE (VERB): (बचना): evade
Synonyms: avoid, dodge
Antonyms: be caught by
He tried to elude the security men by sneaking through a back door.
7. OUTLAY (NOUN): (व्यय): expenditure
Synonyms: expenses, spending
A modest outlay on local advertising was spent.
8. PINNACLE (NOUN): (शिखर): peak
Synonyms: height, summit
Antonyms: nadir, trough
He had reached the pinnacle of his career.
9. DELINEATE (VERB): (चित्रित करना): set out
Synonyms: describe, set forth
Antonyms: confuse, twist
The law should delineate and prohibit behaviour which is socially abhorrent.
10. COERCIVE (ADJECTIVE): (बलपूर्वक): persistent
Synonyms: insistent, pressing
The governor has a hereditary army for coercive purposes.